The Social Eater
#hashtaghungry: Vin Master's monthly food truck wine dinner, e2's last crawfish boil
Each week, The Social Eater picks a handful of filter-friendly, tweetable, social media-shareable foodie events in and around the city. No #struggleplates allowed.
* Papi Queso brings street food indoors at Vin Master on Monday for the wine shop's monthly Food Truck Wine Dinner. Pairings from Piccini Winery accent the meal and all four courses, including dessert, involve a fancy cheese you've probably never heard of. Insert a dancing Steve Urkel gif in your mind. If the last grilled cheese you had involved a Kraft single and an ironing board, take advantage of this upgrade. #betterthancheddar $40 May 27, 7 p.m.-9 p.m. Vin Master, 2000 South Blvd., Suite 610 Advance purchase required: www.thevinmaster.com or 704-996-7471.
* If you like your bites with a bit of adventure, head to the U.S. National Whitewater Center's Zipline & Dine dinner on Wednesday or Friday evening. After a 1.5-2 hour zipline and rappelling course along the Catawba River, hike back to basecamp for dinner, wine and craft beer around a roaring fire. Check the website for available start times, pre-registration, and special dietary requests; vegetarian and gluten free menus are available. I'm expecting some intense GoPro foodiegrams. Don't let me down. #crunchies4crunchies $75 Wednesdays and Fridays, various start times U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy. Reservations required: 704-391-3900 or here.
* Friday is the last day to enjoy the New Orleans Crawfish Boil at e2 Emeril's Eatery. If you've never dismantled a crawfish straight out of the pot, I'm not sure you've ever truly lived. Get as much corn, crawdads and Andouille sausage as you can eat on the e2 patio and get your life at the same time. #shellout $15 May 30, 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. e2 Emeril's Eatery, 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts #100
* On Saturday, Dover Vineyards invites everyone to eclectic thriftspace Wanda's Good Stuff Store in Concord for its Spring Open House. The folks there will be serving wine and refreshments supplemented by The Pig and Cow food truck. The vineyard is overflowing with strawberries, peas, leafy greens and jams, so there just might be some farm fresh goodness to go with your wine and after-hours shopping. #vintageandvarietals Free, bring $ for food truck May 31, 5:00 p.m - 9 p.m. Wanda's Good Stuff Store, 557 Cabarrus Ave., Concord
* Do drinks taste better from a $100 cocktail shaker? I wouldn't know, but let's find out together at Williams-Sonoma. The upscale cookware shop holds free technique classes for adults on Sundays and the move this week is Summer Cocktails. The class is a demo rather than fully hands-on, but you do get to taste what's made. Once you learn how to muddle and infuse like a pro, you can save a little on that shaker with 10 percent off your same-day purchases. #pouritup Free June 1, 2:00 p.m. Williams-Sonoma, 6401 Morrison Blvd. Advance notice suggested: 704-391-3900
Catch Dani's adventures and ramblings, foodie and otherwise, at kinkythought.com or PinterTwitTumblrGram @kinkythought