Each week, The Social Eater picks a handful of filter-friendly, tweetable, social media-shareable foodie events in and around the city. Check out this week's print edition of Creative Loafing's SUMMER GUIDE for more things to eat and do throughout the summer.
- If remembering dance steps is too much to handle, try a different kind of flash mob. Foodie Flash Mob only requires you to get there on time and eat. Sign up for email, Twitter or text updates in advance, then watch for the location and time to be posted at noon on the day of your surprise, impromptu dinner date. Bring yourself, a friend or your whole dodgeball team. This month's eatup is a special reservation-required eatup at BRAVO! Blakeney. #goodiemob Pay for what you eat June 10, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. BRAVO! Cucina Italiana, 9824 Rea Road Reservations required. Check https://twitter.com/foodieflashmob for link and password.
- Swigs, Swine & Shade sounds like a bestselling book on Southern U.S. sociology, but it's actually a dinner at The King's Kitchen celebrating some of the finest things in life. Revel in pork beyond the chop with beer pairings from NoDa Brewery at this outdoor dinner featuring pork belly, ribs, skewers and buns. #shadybrines $40 per person, $75 per couple June 10, 7 p.m. The King's Kitchen, 129 W. Trade St. Advance tickets suggested.
- You may have tried one of Kristen Gaines' Cuptinis or Ciroc-infused confections around town. If you haven't, you're in for a treat - literally - at the second annual Cup Your Cakes Tasting. Sample flavors like Lemon-Honey and Cinnamon Roll and scoop a box for later while the deals last. Vodka cupcakes? It's like Saturday night and Sunday afternoon all at once. #itaintevenmybirthday Free June 14, 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Dupp&Swat, 2424 N Davidson St. Suite 112B RSVP for free tickets.
- Artisanal olive oil is one of those things that sounds a bit ridiculous until you try it, only to wake up in a puddle of oil drippings and foccacia crumbs. That happens to me weekly, so I probably shouldn't visit Olive Tap in Ballantyne, but I will. Chef Barry Francois is the resident chef for its Tap Into Fun Fridays this month, whipping up a weekly menu of dishes and teaching how to best utilize the shop's incredible olive oils and vinegars. I thought I was doing something sprinkling balsamic in my collards. I obviously need to level up. #hotoiltreatments $10 Fridays in June, 5 p.m.-7p.m. The Olive Tap, 15235 John J Delaney Dr., Suite E
- Get inspired for your last-minute gift shopping at Upstream's Smoke & Seafood Cooking Class: Father's Day Salute to the Backyard Warrior. Whether you're prepping a special meal for Dad or entertaining friends, go beyond burgers and brats and learn how to take ocean's bounty to the barbecue. #shrimponthebarbie $40 June 14, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Upstream, 6902 Phillips Place Advance reservations suggested: 704-556-7730
- Chef Barry continues his rounds for the weekend at the Father's Day edition of the #BeautifulPplQC Brunch, a monthly pop-up event at Dupp & Swat studio. Hosted by filmmaker A.Black and musically curated by Elevator Jay, both the food and the atmosphere are guaranteed fresh. Your dad doesn't want another tie anyway ... this year, give him a truly dope experience and let him pick out a little something from the boutique while you're at it. #youcaneatwithus $20. June 15, 1-4 p.m. Dupp&Swat, 2424 N Davidson St. Suite 112B Follow @BeautifulPplQC on IG and Twitter for updates
Catch Dani's adventures and ramblings, foodie and otherwise, at kinkythought.com or PinterTwitTumblGram @kinkythought.