* Considering they have wheels and all, it's a little surprising that mobile eateries haven't made their way to SouthPark en masse before. At any baku-restaurant.com/rate, they've finally made it through the traffic on Providence to SouthPark Eats Alternative - the only food truck gathering in the 'hood. The rotating lineup includes favorites like Southern Cake Queen and King of Pops well as names you may not have heard, like Imperial Sandwich Co. Make a lunch date and swing through. #BetterThanTheFoodcourt Every Wednesday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 5960 Fairview Road. Check the lineup weekly at www.sea-nc.com.
* You may as well just stay in SouthPark all afternoon on Wednesday, because Baku unveils its new sushi bar that evening. Timed for International Sushi Day (that's a thing?), you'll enjoy complimentary sushi, live music and half priced sake and cocktails. Personally, I think every day should be sushi day, but we can't all be about that Jeremy Piven life. #Arigato June 18, 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. Baku, 4515 Sharon Road
* Bottoms up for Booty has nothing to do with Plies being in town this weekend; it's for a different worthy cause. Herban Legend will dish the plates while NoDa Brewing busts suds to benefit Team Gita in this year's 24 Hours of Booty bike marathon. #BootyHoppin' $35 June 19, 6 p.m.-9 p.m. NoDa Brewing, 2229 N. Davidson St. More info here.
* Asking my grandma for cooking help is like asking someone to describe a concert. She doesn't measure anything, so you just have to be there. If you like your help hands-on and personal, grab a friend or three and let Chef Alyssa guide you. In this week's Seasonal Vegetarian class, whip up a meal with produce from Atherton Market vendors and feast on the fruits of your labor at the end. Check the schedule for ongoing classes, from Thai food to knife skills, beginner to advanced. #AlyssaExplainsItAll $60 June 19, 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Atherton Market, 2104 South Blvd. Advance registration required here. Visit ChefAlyssasKitchen.com for full schedule.
* If your plans to summer at Martha's Vineyard fell through again, you can always pretend with the Fall River Clambake at e2 Emeril's Eatery. Unbutton your polo shirt and go in on the all-you-can-eat Middle Neck clams, chorizo, corn and potatoes on the patio. Get there early, the patio gets hopping when it's nice out. #ClamsClassino $20 Fridays through July 25 e2 Emeril's Eatery, 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts #100
* If your cosplay isn't quite up to par in time for Comicon this weekend, don't waste it. Break it out in the dark around a bunch of people too drunk to care at the Super Hero Bar Crawl. Dress up as your favorite superhero or supervillain and carouse around Uptown as Corona Light and Skyy Vodka specials help develop your alter-ego. #ChampionWalk $15 June 21, 5 p.m-2 a.m. Starts at Fitzgerald's Irish Pub, 201 E 5th St. Advance tickets here or register at Fitzgerald's at 5.
* If you didn't already know, let me tell you: The Secret Chocolatier is worth blowing your beach body diet plan for. This weekend, chef Bill Dietz will craft a three-course dessert dinner for An Evening of Chocolate, featuring the season's freshest berries and all sorts of other tastiness. Bring a sweetheart or a pal with a sweet tooth and get this #ChocolatedeLuxe $50 for a table for two June 21, 8 - 9:30 p.m. Reservations required, call 704-323-8178.
* Creative Loafing presents Margarita Wars with Charlotte's finest bartenders battling it out to concoct the best margarita. Food and beer will also be available for purchase. $20. June 21, 1-7 p.m. Rooftop 210, 210 E. Trade St. www.margaritawars.com
I took my mom, who can't boil water, to one of Chef Alyssa's classes last week and had a blast. Read about it at kinkythought.com along with the rest of my adventures and ramblings, foodie and otherwise. Catch more #HashtagHungry alerts on Twitter @kinkythought.