Maybe this is meant as a humor column. It certainly bears no resemblance to reality. "What Patrick really needs now is a win." What I really need now is to win $50 million in the lottery. "The day Patrick finally wins a Sprint Cup race will draw tremendous media attention." The author apparently believes that Danica is actually capable of winning a race, even though she has not shown the slightest inkling of the ability to do so.
She may not be the worst driver in NASCAR, but most (males) who fail to perform at her level are searching for rides long before matters go as far as they have with Danica. The only reason she is still around is that she has used her self-described feminine attributes to attract sponsors, at the same time more promising drivers of both genders toil at lower levels or leave the sport. That is the true unfairness of the treatment Danica receives. She gets patience in abundance because she brings in money to SHR. Write about that Mr. Chadwin!
I remember when lil princess sparkle pony came into the cup series.. at the announcement, when asked about what she planned for the season... she answered we are going to win a race and make the chase. she has not even come close to either of those things. I feel sorry for all the CC's and crew guys that have to deal with constant whiny and her blame game. she cant and wont take responsibility for anything that happens. if it wasnt for the $$$ behind her, she would be an after thought... trying to make a living in lower level sportscar racing.
Put simply, Danica is a below average stock car driver on her best day, with above average funding. Unfortunately the latter has become more important as the sport has grown, to the point where drivers are chosen solely based on how much $ they can bring to the table. The old saying of Cup having 'the best 43 drivers (stock car) in the world' has never been less true than it is today (nevermind the fact that there's only 40 now).
Regarding her talents behind the wheel, she has an inability to communicate technically what she needs done to the car, leaving her CC to practically throw darts. This was also the case is IndyCar where her Andretti teammates were forced to set up her car for her as she was unable to do it herself. It's also why she moves onto a new one almost every year, leaving 2 Eurys, Gibson and Knost in her wake of mediocrity.
I remember at Phoenix in the fall of 2014 she was amazed to learn that adding/reducing wedge and 'turning the jack bolt' are the same thing. Then at the 2015 D500 she had to be told both in the Shootout and 500 that an Oil Temp of 290 is perfectly fine, and then got mad when her CC wouldn't take tape off the car (he didn't need to). Those are just 2 examples of very basic things that drivers learn in the 1st year in a stock car, yet she had gone several years oblivious to them.
Then there's her perpetual victim mentality coupled with almost always passing the blame onto others. How many other drivers have threatened to kick another in the balls just for racing them hard (as she did to Bowman)? Or wrecked themselves twice because they can't drive a loose racecar and then go up to the deemed offender (Hamlin) and shake them like a rag doll? How many males would get away with such antics with 0 retribution (either on track or off)?
This ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwyueQkHCts ) video when she missed pit-in, got a speeding penalty and missed her box at Dega is just another example of long dossier of what I'm talking about. Just like she wrecked Menard at Dega this year after she was about to miss her pit entrance and then proceeded to blame it on the team for not 'giving her priority' on the radio.
She whines all race long about drivers who she deems to be 'in her way' and references 'damn lappers' repeatedly, completely forgetting that she's usually one herself. At Kansas she actually had the gall to say how much the 78 'sucks' and how she 'hates racing with him', but the best part is that she said it as he was lapping her and dominating the race.
She claimed that Gibson was holding her back and requested that she get a new crew chief. Meanwhile, Gibson goes over to Kurt (along with her chassis(s) that she struggled in) and promptly wins two races and makes the Chase, while she continued to struggle with his CC and chassis(s). She did the same thing to Knost, and thus far her results are the same with her next soon-to-be-fired CC, finally getting her first top 15 of the year compliments of attrition at Dover. The same was true in Indycar, where she had a new lead engineer or strategist in practically every season she raced (despite having no idea of how to setup the cars herself).
Maybe, just maybe, Danica needs to put take a bigger responsibility behind the wheel, and up her work ethic. There were rumours that her NXS CC Eury JR was fired for questioning it years ago, and nothing has changed since then. I don’t know how much taking photos on the beach or in yoga poses helps you at the track, and the results are indicative of that. Driving a racecar isn’t just a weekend hobby like she’s done her entire life, her competition is always doing something to improve while she’s off having fun.
The common denominator to her struggles in her career isn't the equipment, the crew chief or her crew, it's the driver behind the wheel. Sooner or later she’s going to run out of people/things to blame, and the only person left will be in yoga prose with a dumbfounded look on their face.
Dean, You may want to consider writing articles about food/drink, the Charlotte social scene, anything other than NASCAR. Not an accurate article by any means. Perhaps you may want to go the track this weekend and talk to real fans and get their opinion about DP. This appears to be an article that was written to provoke true fans.
You can always tell the journalists who are hanging by a thread. They tend to post stories they know nothing about but know it will get a rise out of knowledgeable people and make them feel like they're doing great reporting. My recommendation...speak not what you know nothing about.
Oh Dave.....You need help...you're a sick puppy.. get a life. HaHaHaHaHa
Darn it, this writing could’ve been a great work if not for some inexcusable presumptuous inclusions!
There are several dimensions to the above statement:
1. Liberal Politics: It is unnecessary and degrading to the audience and the purported cause/subject to presume it’s okay to put, Hillary Clinton—a proven liar—on the same level or even within the same space of consideration in any way to, Danica Patrick—a totally wonderful hard working person that has done nothing to earn the scathing hate you so eloquently point to in your, possibly, ruined work.
• Injecting your political, therefore untrue feminist biases of a weird election and its participants, and crystal ball projections of its outcome makes one wonder whether you’re a little sanctimonious and intellectually dishonest here. Listen, at least this Danica Patrick fan is not angry about women that are liars, being ridiculed to vet them from having power over us/me. I/we are angry about Danica Patrick being ridiculed, as you so eloquently state, unfairly. It’s maddening because she’s an earnest, hardworking individual that is only set upon because she’s female and is good at her craft, and has been successful at getting funding in part for her looks, but mostly for having the guts to use those tools. Simply put, there’s jealousy from some competitors that she has the extra tools for that and a bunch of them can’t beat her in fair competition on the race track either so, their mind numbed followers and parrots blatherskite to no end. Meanwhile some competitors and team owners intentionally wreck her and use her for media hype for themselves and or to draw attention for their teams’ inability to legitimately garner their own attention, respectively (Read, The Petty’s and other commentators on the latter.).
• What happened to presumption of innocence: The inappropriate use of Anita Hill is a clear giveaway to an intellectually dishonest Liberal. Clarence Thomas was in no way ever proven to have done anything inappropriate except to a liberal’s mind. That is, he dared to be black, conservative, and successful; therefore, there is no presumption of innocence for him. On its own, no big deal, however, you had to inject that into Danica’s tough sledding. Danica Patrick is more in Clarence Thomas’s shoes than Anita Hill’s!
• Bad connections: What can be said about the use of Nicole Brown in this? Just that it is, as all the others are, “bad connections”, like only a disingenuous liberal can make them. For crying out loud, a women and her lover were murdered, nothing whatsoever to do with Danica’s daily job realities. The fact is, one screwed up trial does not a good connection make, as they say. Not sure what you’re presuming here: Blacks say she deserved it; black males only; males period. It doesn’t connect, because Danica is catching it unfairly from females too.
2. Feminism vs untrue feminism: You have a big problem presuming Danica as some man hating feminist. She isn’t! She actually loves men and enjoys competing and talking with them. Her thing is more like, she will do what she enjoys, which is racing and sharing, and she won’t stop doing what she enjoys. In other words, Danica is going to be, Danica, whether the untrue feminists like it or any man or woman like it or not – true feminism! As long as Danica is racing and has sponsorship, she has earned it! She, and we fans, deserve fair play and protection from undue hardship from the sabotage of cheating and petty jealousies. Additionally, Danica loves her home making, cooking, and her man, Ricky loving, too.
3. Revelation: In quintessential Danica fan form, I’m jealous of that one myself though I’m old and ugly, but it is our unique Danica fan fantasy entitlement—the little girl wants to be like her, a UFC Champion follows methods proven by her, grown women say I can work-out and look good and eat right, men, sometimes silently, appreciate the sheer grit and determination and aspire to be more determined to get `er done, and yes, some guys even old guys fantasize in a harmless way, I wish I had a women like that. Her worst male and female critics writhe in their own ineptness’ at her every success, which is every minute she stays in print and on TV or doing as she desires, because she, inadvertently, sheds light on their lack of worth, so they lash out for attention, just like the media does, and just like you have done here. Her fans’ dreams as above are her money-maker, and I say she has earned it—she’s just being Danica and doing what she loves! It is not just good-looks and guts, it’s hard work, talent and the determination to keep doing the things that keep her in that place where she can succeed in competition and happiness honestly. The longest line appropriately formed behind her, however, as in high-speed racing’s draft, some try to jump out of her line to get ahead for personal gain using her pull and the naysayers push but mostly suction, but no one goes anywhere. Anytime a Patrick “fan” pulls out of her line for their gain, it reveals the true nature of that entity, which is, they are along for the free ride, and can’t see they hurt all respective causes and they, like the crybaby critics, suck.
Thanks for some real good points about hurdles that sometimes hamper Danica Patrick in her successful journey, but please quit using Danica and her fans for unworthy, unjust, and unconnected causes.
Hey iron 54 ,you should really take a course on how to spell and form sentences . You write like your little princess drive's and that's really CRAPPY !!You are a great representation of the normal Crashica fan ,illiterate and living in Mom's basement. Richard Petty could go into a (note the spelling) retirement home ,challenge her to a wheelchair race and still beat her even if he only used one arm to propel the chair. Propel means to make the chair move ,just in case you didn't learn the meaning of simple words.Myself ,I'd love to see more woman in NASCAR. But not one like Miss Whiny.Say Johanna Long who ran in the Busch series in an underfunded car but ran better than your hero.Hell ,Ashley Force could drive a cup car better than Whiny.She drives a ride that goes over 200 mph.Grash would still hit the wall all by herself on the 1/4 mile and blame the crew chief. And I believe that this writer is in reality Bob Pockrass who is Whiny's biggest cheerleader. Just wrote some bigger words to alter his usual SUCKING UP to Miss Crash.
I really don't give a fuck what people say about danca maybe she won't win a race i dont c any of us out there trying to do, what shes doing so shut the fuck up theres also other drivers as or worse than her are not doing any better an I'll keep saying the pettys need to shut the fuck up move in the retatment home so they will shut up so we going to bash every woman that comes in the NASCAR cirtute or what thank god shes got thick skin an dont listen to all the bs
So you're attacking Richard Petty for stating the truth? Richard and Kyle Petty did not trash Danica; they merely stated what is obvious to everyone. You must realize that you're going to get a lot of negative feedback for this ridiculous piece of "journalism" you've presented. Danica is out of her element. I would love to see women on the track kicking the guys' butts, but Danica is not the person to do it; she simply does not have the talent. Other drivers lost their rides in lower levels while Danica was given a top-notch Cup ride, and she's basically done NOTHING with it for years. She has received more patience than most male drivers ever would receive, so please come down off of your high horse and at least try to understand racing before you post this garbage!
Danica came into NASCAR and was immediately given some of the best equipment around. That, and her pension for selling her body (not in truth), for her sponsors, made her both a target and someone who was expected to perform. If the same equipment was given to half the drivers in NASCAR's three series ... they might have won by now; but if anything, they would probably have a higher finish record.
In her first race at Bristol (Nationwide Series), Morgan Shepard, who runs on borrowed parts a lot of times, slid up into her in a turn. Neither wrecked. Her response on the radio? "Was that legal? Shouldn't he get a penalty?" That's not verbatim, just what I remember. It was received as a princess crying because someone touched her. She would not have ever made it in the era when Guthrie raced. She raced with no sponsors, the cars were hard to handle ... and didn't have power steering!!! Imagine such a thing! Grammar corrections are welcome.
Love the references/comparisons to other drivers who either haven't won or endured long winless streaks, despite the fact that Danica has been in championship caliber equipment for her entire career. Let's cherry pick another stat, the one that shows that not only has she never won, but is still yet to record a single top 5 in Cup. That alone is damning to her ability behind the wheel, and there's not enough sugar in the world to coat over that stat.
Long story short, she has absolutely no clue as to how to setup a car or relay needed adjustments to her crew chief, and has shown no desire to learn to do so. As usual, she'll inevitably blame him for more mediocre results, just as she did for Eury/Gibson/Knost and countless Indycar engineers).
Have you ever actually watched a race, Dean? Those of us who regularly do watch have seen ZERO progress from Danica Patrick, ESPECIALLY compared with her male competition. FACT: Danica has never come close to winning a race and only manages the rare top ten when attrition takes out her competition. FACT: Several of the males who have won the last Rookie of The Year competitions are already out of rides due to sub-standard performance. Danica continues on with similar non-performance. FACT: Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney have accomplished more in far less time than Patrick, even though Danica has had the benefit of driving for one of the powerhouse teams in the sport.
If you have a problem with discrimination against females, you could not possibly have picked a worse exemplar than Ms. Patrick.
I got some orange juice @ the house--whole jugs of it.
Anytime the immigration debate comes up, the main narrative is always centered around humanizing some little boy with a dream, or some victim fleeing a burning village. This sort of feel good story line always attempts to personify immigration into the US as a virtue, but no one has the courage to attempt to talk about this complex issue from the bigger picture. We have allowed millions of immigrants from the south to come here mostly illegally. It's nice to play the race card, the moral sympathy card, and find one off touching stories to try to hide the ugly fact that we don't have the infrastructure to annex our neighbors from the south as new States. I don't think anyone will ever say: "All the poor little children fleeing burning villages with the raping and drugs, meh... let em starve." Of course everyone will come out and support immigrants when the narrative is personified like that. Couple a tear jerking story, with some claim that: "Immigrants only one to move back home, or they only want to work low paying jobs on a farm." Why, this seems reasonable, there is no real harm... But the sad truth is the vast majority of all immigration into the US is economic immigration and is near permanent, and the primary segment of the economy being hit by these new immigrants seeking jobs is the service industry and the construction industry. We simply can't annex Mexico and strip all of our jobs from our working poor and high school and college kids and give it to people from a 3rd word country. If you step back and view the immigration problem for what it is, you will see an exponential growth of economic immigrants with no clear end in sight. We now live in a global economy, we have open boarders and let this happen. For those doing it... Good for them, if I were in their shoes I would do the same thing. But at some point I would just love for someone to look at this issue from the bigger picture and admit that it is not sustainable, and if the trends continue we will be a second word country. I would love to hear opinions about what we as a country could do to try to curtail and eventually end economic immigration and still humanly deal with the millions of illegals already here.
One correction. When Bill Flowers let REM sleep over he didn't mention he locked them in!!! He didn't show up until the afternoon to let them out. Pete Buck still talks about this in interviews. I've played the Milestone since 1980. Bill is nice but very eccentric. He warrants an article just about him
I am the bar knitter, the milestone is a treasure and one of my favorite places to be
Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware oBeware of CHRIS FRYE!! f CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!! Beware of CHRIS FRYE!!
There are many regions of the country gaining a critical mass of quality disc golf courses. That's great that the mecca/destination phenomenon of disc golf lifestyle and tourism as beginning to be documented to convince cities, counties, p&r's and other land managers that collaborative efforts between disc golf groups and agencies can really bolster the economy and valuable rec opportunities of regions! Check out this interesting interview about disc golf course design and development: https://allthingsdiscgolf.com/disc-golf-course-design-book-focuses-on-underutilized-landscapes/
Chris rented a property from my husband. To make a long story short, he moved in, he kept saying the deposit was in the mail, when the first months rent was due he never paid it and he stopped payment on the deposit. Then he said his dog got sick from the "backyard" (our dog lived there for two years and never got sick) and then left without notice. Clearly this has nothing to do with personal training abilities but it does have to do with his morals and his professionalism.
Womack Newspapers, Inc.
Powered by Foundation