Forget lunch, 'cause today you can fill the hunger of your inner geek! From 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Discovery Place is hosting Try On Science, a free outdoor science-themed event with more than 30 demonstrations and activities.
* Chevy volt car and charging station from Duke Energy (see pic)
* Bicycle e-powered generator from Siemens
* Color-changing reactions, optical illusions and a solar telescope from UNCC
* Model pressurized water reactor from UNCC-Westinghouse
* Robot demonstrations from Johnson C. Smith University, YETI Robotics and UNCC Stars
* Sample STEM programs from the Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council
* Hands-on demonstrations from Discovery Place staff featuring live exotic and native animals, microscopes, liquid nitrogen, a solar tracker and much more.
The science shindig comes as part of a stream of events slated to go down during the North Carolina Science Festival (April 13-29). We're just glad we have the chance to tinker around with things without anything blowing up in our faces. Held at the corner of Trade and Tryon Streets Uptown. For more details on this and other NC Science Fest events, click here.
"in an effort to stifle opposing views and protect a status quo that doesn't protect…
Ankle holster on Scott's leg, Scott's Finger Prints and DNA on gun, sworn statements by…
Thank you so much for writing this article. Virginia Dale Paxton was my great grandmother,…