It's not often that you're invited to spend all day on a farm without doing any work. But that's the case during Rural Hill Centre of Scottish Heritage's North Carolina Brewers & Music Festival. The 10-hour event offers NC-brewed ales and lagers, live music (see schedule below), and food. (This year, vegetarian selections are available. And by that we don't just mean French fries).
Folks who plan on getting blackout drunk may want to take advantage of the camping options. Just don't forget to bring your own gear and pucking buckets. Side note: You'll need to behave yourselves too. Proceeds raised from the event go toward preserving the farm.
Beer tasting sessions, from 12:45 p.m.- 4:15 p.m.
* 12 p.m.-12:45 p.m. - Big Something
* 1 p.m.-2 p.m. - Old Man Markley
* 2:15 p.m.-3:30 p.m. - Larry Keel
* 3:45 p.m.-5 p.m. - Sol Driven Train
* 5:15 p.m.-6:30 p.m. - The Black Lillies
* 6:45 p.m.-8:15 p.m. - Steep Canyon Rangers
* 8:30 p.m.-10 p.m. - Ryan Montbleau Band