Here are the five best events going down in Charlotte and the surrounding area today, August 9, 2012 as selected by the folks at Creative Loafing.
* Attack of the Summer Film Series, screening The Dark Crystal at Transamerica Square Courtyard
* Ray Wylie Hubbard at Double Door Inn
* nuVoices for a nuGeneration Festival at Actor's Theatre of Charlotte
* International Mustache Affair at Chop Shop
* Artist to Artist at McColl Center for Visual Art
Delette Nycum was my great-grandmother.
Goddamn this town is a drag.
His voice just creeps me out. That is all.