One of Charlotte’s best cultural festivals, UNC Charlotte’s International Festival honors countries from around the world in one big shebang, happening on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Informational displays, arts & crafts, traditional costumes and, last but never least, food are all in store. Russian borscht, Greek baklava, German brats and more will have you salivating in no time.
Check out the schedule of entertainment below:
* 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Loch Norman Pipe Band (Scottish)
* 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Ethnic foods
* 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Festival of Music and Dance
* 12 p.m.-1 p.m., Steel Vibrations (Caribbean steel drums)
* 12 p.m.-2 p.m., Robert Wilusz (strolling accordion)
* 1 p.m.-2 p.m., Celtic Folk Band (Irish)
* 2 p.m.-3 p.m., Parade of Nations
* 3 p.m.-4 p.m., Hula Carolina
* 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m., Festival of Music and Dance
* 5 p.m.-6 p.m., Trabucos Latin Band (Afro-Cuban/Caribbean Music Group)
Free admission. Sept. 29, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. UNC Charlotte (Barnhardt Student Activity Center), 9201 University City Blvd. For more info, visit http://ifest.uncc.edu.
My aunt Debbie passed away several years ago.She was the most incredible women. I miss…
Date night at Studio Cellar! Couples painting done on 2 separate canvases but only complete…
Natural insect repellent proves to be a boon as it works as the best precaution…