UPDATED: The winning email came in at 12:37 p.m. Check back tomorrow for Day Two of CL's Five Days of Christmas!
For your merriment, Creative Loafing presents its "Five Days of Christmas" giveaway this week. Every day, beginning today, we will post a five-question quiz. The first person to submit the correct answers by email to email@example.com will receive a prize. The answers to the questions can be found in our website archives, via stories published within the past six months. Today's quiz is relatively easy, but the questions will get harder each day and the prizes better. On Friday - when the questions will be the most difficult - players will be competing for a brand-new laptop (courtesy of Coretek).
Monday's Prize: Movie tickets for 4 to Parental Guidance AND Guilt Trip. (Provided by Regal)
*Winners must be able to pick up prize at CL's offices, located at the NC Music Factory.
1) What one-time CL photographer was part of a team of artists nominated this year for a Grammy for work on a David Byrne album?
a. Juan Miguel Marin
b. Jasiatic Anderson
c. Angus Lamond
d. Catalina Kulczar
2) What U.S. congressperson from North Carolina told a Charlotte Observer-sponsored forum that the answer to avoiding a fiscal cliff disaster was compromise between the two parties - and then promptly said he could not commit to a compromise?
a. Mel Watt
b. Patrick T. McHenry
c. Richard Hudson
d. Virginia Foxx
3) According to Creative Loafing's John Grooms, what was the greatest sex scandal in Charlotte history?
a. John Edwards & Rielle Hunter
b. The Rev. Jim Bakker & Jessica Hahn
c. Gen. David Petraeus & Paula Broadwell
d. Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinsky
4) What Charlotte rapper, whose new EP will come out in January, just released a video that was shot at the NC Music Factory?
d. Rick Ross
5) What popular Charlotte hangout celebrated its 10th anniversary in December?
a. The Evening Muse
b. The Dog Bar
c. Common Market
d. Amelie's French Bakery
That's not a good enough reason for me; "just cause everyone else does". I don't…
What a weird question. Practically all writing contests worth their salt charge entry fees. You…
There should be a detailed reasoning for why you are charging an entrance fee.