For your merriment, Creative Loafing presents its "Five Days of Christmas" giveaway. Each day this week, we have posted five-question quizzes, and now we have made it to the last day! The questions earlier this week have been relatively easy, but today's quiz is the most difficult because today's grand prize is the best: an HP Mini, courtesy of Coretek. The first person to submit the correct answers by email to email@example.com will win this special gift. Answers to the questions can be found in our website archives, via stories published within the past six months.
Friday's Prize: HP Mini, courtesy of Coretek Enterprises. (Laptop comes with Windows 7, a webcam, 2GB of RAM, 160GB of hard drive and antivirus for life - for free)
1) What CL editor wondered in a column if his or her team would be in the right place at the right time if things went awry at a national political convention?
a. Mark Kemp
b. Ana McKenzie
c. David Warner
d. John Grooms
2) Name the CL writer whose recent online story was accompanied by an illustration that said, "I [heart] whips and chains"?
a. Mustang Sally
b. Kimberly Lawson
c. Dan Savage
d. Megan Henshall
3) What restaurant featured in CL boasts a six-patty burger?
a. Whisky River
c. Bad Daddy's
d. Peculiar Rabbit
4) What album by an artist who recently performed in Charlotte did CL's writer compare to a classic from a '60s band led by musician Sylvester Stewart?
a. Acoustic Soul
b. Brown Sugar
c. New Amerykah: Part One
d. Echoes of Silence
5) What does John Grooms think about gun control?
a. Believes we should ban all guns.
b. Suggests we ban only assault weapons like the ones used in the Connecticut shooting.
c. Would like to see a combination of reforms.
d. As a hunter, Grooms doesn't believe in gun control at all.
** Winner must be able to pick up prize at the CL offices, located at the N.C. Music Factory.
Delette Nycum was my great-grandmother.
Goddamn this town is a drag.
His voice just creeps me out. That is all.