Editor's Note: First Notes is a weekly update of recent noteworthy happenings in the world of music.
* The White House received a petition with more than 250,000 signatures, asking for Justin Bieber to be deported. Officials basically refused to answer it. So, for now, we're stuck with him.
* Last week, rapper Andre Johnson, who goes by the name Christ Bearer, hacked off his, um, johnson with a serrated steak knife before leaping out a second-story window. New reports say Johnson, who survived, was on PCP at the time of the incident. If you were wondering, attempts to reattach his genitals were unsuccessful.
* Gwen Stefani will replace Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child, on The Voice for the show's seventh season.
* Jack White, who will perform at a sold-out concert at the Fillmore on June 5, released his latest single, "Lazaretto." Skip ahead to 7:20 to hear it:
* Old Crow Medicine Show will roll the "Wagon Wheel" in the Uptown Amphitheatre on Aug. 21. Tickets go on sale Friday, April 25.
* Kings of Leon will perform at PNC Music Pavilion on Sept. 16 with Young the Giant and Kongos. Tickets go on sale on Friday, April 25.
Delette Nycum was my great-grandmother.
Goddamn this town is a drag.
His voice just creeps me out. That is all.