All the chatter about the coming apocalypse has us humming R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World as We Know It," Public Enemy's "Countdown to Armageddon" and The Doors' "The End." But there are more interesting (and less obvious) choices for an "End of Days" soundtrack. So before you head down to your fallout shelter, remember us here at Creative Loafing by dropping this handy playlist into your iPod.
1. "The Man Comes Around," Johnny Cash. In case you need to get right.
2. "Waiting for the End of the World," Elvis Costello. With your two-toned Bible and your funny cigarettes.
3. "Waiting for the World to End," Rakim. Tallying, slowly turnin' into barbarians.
4. "Earth Died Screaming," Tom Waits. Remember, army ants leave nothing but the bones.
5. "Pink Moon," Nick Drake. It's on its way.
6. "Here Comes the Flood," Peter Gabriel. And you thought New York got hit hard!
7. "Every Day is Like Sunday," Morrissey. Share some greased tea with the Moz.
8. "Aenima," Tool. We'll see you down in Arizona Bay.
9. "The Apocalypse Song," St. Vincent. It's time.
10. "Dante Sonata," Franz Liszt. Sit back. Relax. Breathe.
I loved the concert. Every Band was AMAZING. Sure there was a few moments when…
The concert was great! BUT I came to hear the bands NOT the ravings of…
wonder how many people have actually heard Mel tell a joke live, God he was…