PNC Music Pavilion
July 19, 2014
Walking into a Kiss show, you don't expect surprises, you simply expect to be entertained. On the band's current tour, they're playing a 75-minute closing set after co-headliner Def Leppard. Instead of reviewing the show and giving you the same details you can read in countless other places, we thought we'd offer some of the gems we caught wind of in the crowd, along with five comments you'd never hear at a Kiss show.
Heard in the VIP area between sets by a loud guy talking to a group of his buddies:
Guy A: "It's not a good concert unless you see titties. I'd even take one titty."
Guy B lifts his own shirt to expose his chest.
Guy A: "Not yours. You keep your shirt on!"
Guy to a woman working at one of the drink stands:
"You don't have the Cran-Brrr-Rita?!"
Tipsy older gentleman standing next to me during the Kiss performance:
"You really think that's Gene Simmons up there?! That's not Gene Simmons."
Guy to his friend heading toward the stairs at the back of the lawn as Kiss winds down its penultimate song:
Guy A: "'Detroit Rock City' means get the fuck out [of the concert] while you still can."
Guy B: "You can say the same thing about the city."
And five things you'll never hear at a Kiss show:
- "Do you think they'll play 'Rock and Roll All Nite'/'Detroit Rock City' tonight?"
- "I wonder if Gene Simmons will stick his tongue out tonight."
- "How do you think they clean the blood off of his bass?"
- "It would be great if Paul Stanley acknowledges that he's in Charlotte as much as possible."
- "Is that [lookalike] really Gene Simmons?"
Hola espectadores, es desafortunado que nuestra fraternidad secreta se haya convertido en lo que la…