You’re gonna hate this week and you already know it. It’s the wages of three-day holiday weekends. Let’s just skip the bullshit and aim for Friday. Cool? Cool. #weekendwarriors
• Each month, Heist Brewery spotlights a local visual artist in the Library Bar as part of their #LocalArtistSeries. July’s feature is Beards BeCAUSE co-founder Jared Yerg with “Another Follicled Foray.” Check out five new pieces at the exhibit’s opening reception and rub elbows with artsy drinksy types … or chins, if that’s what you’re into. #putyourhairinastickybun July 11, 8 p.m. Heist Brewery, 2909 N Davidson St. See more of Jared’s work at his Facebook page.
• If you’re up for a little drive, head to downtown Mooresville for a mini gastronomic adventure. Hit the farmers market in the morning, hang out at the lake for a couple hours, then grab a bite or several at the Festival of Food Trucks to round out the day. Even a short trip out of town opens up all kinds of food and farm opportunities the “big city” doesn’t get, like Yogi Food On Wheels — a truck serving up Indian street food. *swoon* #NorthernBorders July 12 Farmers market: 8 a.m.-noon every Saturday through October Corner of Church St. and East Iredell Ave., Mooresville, NC Festival of Food Trucks: 4 p.m.-8 p.m. every second Saturday North Main Street Visit www.DowntownMooresville.com for more info.
• Imani’s Fusion Cafe is a hidden gem of a restaurant and jazz-brunch spot. Watch (or join!) executive chefs Imani Colclough and Mitzi Jackson in a head-to-head team Battle of the Sexes Cook Off. Your ticket includes a three-course meal and open wine bar. If you’re competing, bring your A-game and come prepared to show who really belongs in the kitchen. #genderblender $40 to dine and spectate / $60 to dine and compete (Advance tickets required here.) July 12, 6-9 p.m. Imani’s Fusion Cafe, 3535 Randolph Road Visit www.imanisfusioncafe.com for more information.
• This summer is turning out to be a boon for farm freshness, my tomato garden nonwithstanding. Gather, an underground dinner series, is rounding up all that homegrown goodness into a Midsummer Night’s Feast. Held at a to-be-disclosed location, this season’s meal is sure to delight the senses as chef Terra Ciotta lets the ingredients tell the story. #wellrooted $65 - Purchase tickets here. July 12, 6-9 p.m. Location disclosed after ticket purchase.
• I love brunch and I love my AKA. When the two come together, it’s simply magical. If you haven’t heard, Charlotte is host for the national conference of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and this weekend kicks off the festivit— I mean business. I launched a personal campaign to ivy up this weekend’s #BeautifulPplQC Brunch at Dupp&Swat, so I’m expecting chef Barry to have the table laid as always … just make the waffles pink velvet, please. Be fly and bring a friend. I will. #youcaneatwithus $15 July 13, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Dupp & Swat, 2424 N. Davidson St., Suite 112B Follow @BeautifulPplQC on IG for updates
It’s a struggle week, so holler at Dani @kinkythought if you have an angle on a free wine tasting. For a primer on budget dichromatic event catering, visit kinkythought.com later this week!
Roll-on relief by Leef Organics is a unique roller ball that includes cold-pressed, broad-spectrum whole plant CBD blended with wild crafted herbs, all on a mission to bring relief. Click for product details.
Shop with Creative Loafing Charlotte
Earn bitcoin for shopping with Creative Loafing Charlotte