www.EatMyCharlotte.com | A Creative Loafing Blog
Easter Caramel Popcorn
Adapted from Heather Cristo Cooks
8-10 cups of popped popcorn (1 bag of microwaved popcorn)
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup corn syrup
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup Easter M&Ms
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Spread the popcorn and the peanuts out on a sheet pan fitted with a silpat or a piece of parchment paper.
2. Combine the vanilla and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium pot, add the butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt and heat them over medium heat. Cook and stir until everything is melted and bubbling. After mixture comes to a boil, stop stirring and let cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from the heat, add the vanilla and stir until well combined. Immediately pour the caramel onto the popcorn. Stir well with a heatproof spatula. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
5. When you remove the pan from the oven, immediately sprinkle the M&Ms over the popcorn.
6. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and use a fork to drizzle it over the popcorn mixture. While the chocolate is soft, sprinkle everything with pastel sprinkles.
7. Let the popcorn and chocolate set up and cool. Break the popcorn into chunks and serve.