Age: "A real woman never tells her age."
Representing: Digital Divas
Position: Founder of Digital Divas/national director of development for Thurgood Marshall College Fund/media consulting/event planning
Number of years in the CI party game: 7 years and counting
Largest number of people at one event: "A typical Digital Divas event will range from 100 to 4,000 people. I cater to the 30 and up crowd, so a lot of times they prefer the more intimate events, as opposed to being at a big club with thousands of people."
Target market: "In Charlotte, it's more your movers and shakers. A lot of them are transplants from larger cities and looking for things to do that are slightly different. I started my CIAA Sunday brunch event, Panache, the first year CIAA came to Charlotte. You have so many people in town visiting; it provides them another opportunity to get together with friends or family before they get on the road or to the airport. We get 200-plus people every year at Ruth's Chris. It's a nice way to wrap up the weekend."
Party Recommendation: Throwback Thursdays: The 90s to Now Edition at the Tent. "Historically, most of my CIAA events have been at Blue. This year, I'm expanding, working with other promoters to cater more to the masses. I think Throwback Thursdays is the perfect way to kick off the weekend at a unique venue. It's an actual tent that holds 4,000 people and will include VIP cabanas. There will be live performances by SWV and Bell Biv Devoe. I think it's going to be one of the best events for the 30 and up crowd."
For more information, visit www.digitaldivasevents.com.
• Throwback Thursdays: The 90s to Now Edition. Featuring performances by BBD and SWV. Hosted by Ronnie Devoe. $27 and up. Feb. 28, 9 p.m.-3 a.m. Oasis Party @ The Tent, 514 N. College St.
• The 8th Annual De'Ja Vu. Lunch menu available and music by DJ Daddy D. $27 and up. March 1, 1 p.m.-6 p.m. Blue Restaurant, 214 N. Tryon St.
• Uptown Saturday. Music by DJ Polo. $32.40 and up. March 2, 12 p.m.-7 p.m. Blue Restaurant, Corner of Fifth & College Street.
• 2 Chainz Celebrity Takeover. Hosted by BET's The Game. Music by DJ Self. $25 and up. March 1, 9 p.m.-3 a.m. Oasis Party at The Tent, 514 N. College St. (between Eighth and Ninth streets).
• The Reunion. Featuring Meli'sa Morgan performing live. Music also by Acoustic Soul and DJ Polo. $32.40 and up. March 2, 7 p.m.-2 a.m. Blue Restaurant, 214 N. Tryon St.
• Diva's Night Out. Featuring Trey Songz. $35 and up. Mar 2, 9 p.m.-3 a.m. The Oasis Tent, 514 N. College St.
• Panache Annual Farewell Jazz Brunch. Features an a la carte menu. March 3, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Ruth's Chris Steak House, 222 S. Tryon St.
RETURN to main story