A list of amenities and public works that are open, closed or operating under different hours on Thanksgiving Day and Friday, Nov. 29.
- City offices are closed on Thursday and Friday.
- All major museums, including the Levine Museum of the New South, Mint Museums, The Harvey B. Gantt Center, Discovery Place and the Bechtler, are closed on Thursday.
- Regal Phillips Place, Regal Park Stadium, Regal Starlight Stadium and Regal Ballantyne Stadium are closed on Thursday.
- On Thursday, the Charlotte Area Transit System will operate on its Sunday schedule.
- Solid Waste Services will not provide collection services, including garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky waste, on Thursday. Residents who normally receive service on Thursday will be serviced on Friday, and residents who normally receive service on Friday will be serviced on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Discovery Place is open an extra hour on Friday, until 5 p.m.
- Northlake Mall is open 8 p.m. to midnight on Thursday and midnight to 9 p.m. on Friday.
- SouthPark and Concord Mills malls are open 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Thursday and midnight to 10 p.m. on Friday.
- AMC Concord Mills is only showing one movie, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, on Thursday. AMC Northlake is only showing Hunger Games and Frozen. Studio Movie Grille is showing Hunger Games and Delivery Man. AMC Carolina and Cinebarre Arboretum are also showing a limited selection of films.
- Regal Manor Twin and Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium