With more that 13 years experience studying and performing improv, Keli Semelsberger -- an art lover, U.S. Army veteran and single mom -- felt that founding the Charlotte Comedy Theatre would be the perfect fit for her.
1) Music: "I listen to everything. I'm a huge Prince fan; I made sure I didn't miss the Super Bowl so I could watch his performance."
2) Travel: "I went to Korea and New York when I was in the Army. But when I'm choosing a place to vacation, I always come back to Chicago and New Orleans. Both cities have such amazing energy and wonderful thriving art communities."
3) Movies: "I enjoy dark comedies like Better off Dead and Harold and Maude. But I get as much out of a good cry as I do a good laugh, so I love The Color Purple, too."
4) Comedians: "I try to give a lot of support to my local favs like Jonny Millwater, Joe Zimmerman, Carlos Valencia and Habitual Ritual. They are such great comedians and they are really active in keeping Charlotte comedy alive."
5) Visual Art: "I love The Light Factory -- they always have new and fantastic exhibits to see."