Check out Creative Loafing's big ol' list of events celebrating Independence Day in Charlotte and the surrounding area.
* Coca-Cola 4th of July Festival Two-day long July 4th celebration with live music and a fireworks show. Cory Chisel at 4 p.m., cornhole tournament at 6 p.m., Mountain Heart at 6 p.m., The Apache Relay at 8 p.m., fireworks show begins at dark. Free. U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway. www.usnwc.org.
* Carowinds' Nights of Fire Carowinds kicks off its annual summer celebration with entertainment. Watch the sky light up during the fireworks display. July 4, fireworks at 10 p.m. Carowinds, 14523 Carowinds Blvd. 704-588-2600. www.carowinds.com.
* 4th of July Celebration at City Tavern Cookout party including an unlimited buffet, entertainment and fireworks. $20 reservations. July 3, 5 p.m. For more information call 704-442-4000. City Tavern, 4331 Barclay Downs Drive. www.city-tavern.com.
* Kitchapendence Day Pop Life is taking over three venues and will feature six DJs and more than 40 VIP tables for this year's Independence Day block party. DJ SNS, DJ Shaun Nyce, DJ CK, DJ Ngenius, DJ Skillz and DJ Paradime will be performing. For more information, call 980-322-9859. Held at Re:Public, Phoenix and Cosmos, 300 N. College St.
* Town of Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration Live music, activities and fireworks. For more information, visit www.harrisburgnc.org. Free. July 3, 4 p.m.-10 p.m. Harrisburg Park, 191 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg.
Thursday, July 4
* Coca-Cola 4th of July Festival Two-day long July 4th celebration with live music and a fireworks show. Cornhole tournament at 2 p.m., Swear and Shake at 4 p.m., Big Daddy Love at 6 p.m., Keller Williams with More Than A Little at 8 p.m., fireworks show begins at dark. Free. U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway. www.usnwc.org.
* Presbyterian Hospital July 4th Spectacular Family-friendly celebration with entertainment, food, activities and more. Gates open at 5:30 p.m.; fireworks (weather permitting) at 9:30 p.m. Free. For more visit www.charlottecentercity.org/events/july-4th-spectacular/. Memorial Stadium. 310 N. Kings Drive.
* Run for your Life Spectacular 4 Miler Four-mile run, followed by some barbecue and fireworks. Entertainment by The Chris Marks Band. Registration is $25 for adults; $5 for kids fun run. July 4. For more information or to register, visit www.runforyourlife.com. Memorial Stadium 310 N. Kings Drive.
12th Annual Plaza Midwood Pig Pickin' Live music (Belmont Playboys, the David Childers-fronted Overmountain Men, Modern Primitives, Temperance League and The Loudermilks), barbecue sandwiches and fireworks. This fest takes place on Gordon Street between the Diamond and Snug Harbor. July 4, 4 p.m. www.facebook.com/pmpig.
* Concert on the Green The New Familiars will perform. Free. July 4, 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Davidson Village Green, Concord Street and Main Street, Davidson.
* Fourth of July Celebration Activities include a presentation (The Southern Campaign of the American Revolution, by Tom Phlegar), a reading of the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and opening of the Declaration of Independence, a ringing of the American Freedom Bell, tours of the Hezekiah Alexander Homesite, colonial games on lawn, and scavenger hunt. $5 per person; $15 per family. July 4, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Charlotte Museum of History, 3500 Shamrock Drive. www.charlottemuseum.org.
* Town of Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration Live music, activities and fireworks. For more information, visit www.harrisburgnc.org. Free. July 4, 4 p.m.-11:30 p.m. (parade at 9 a.m.) Harrisburg Park, 191 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg.
* Indian Trail Independence Day Parade and Celebration The town celebration features a series of activities and a parade. For more information, visit www.indiantrail.org. Free. July 4, 11:30 a.m. Held at Indian Trail Town Hall and Crossing Paths Park.
* Independence Day at Birkdale Village Show off your patriotism this Independence Day with bike decorating, face painting, music, food and more entertainment. Free. July 4, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. For more visit www.birkdalevillage.net. 16805 Birkdale Commons Parkway, Huntersville.
I read every comment, I found the discourse interesting, ridiculous, uplifting and scary. For those…
He tries so hard to be cool and hip and different that his music is…
Yes, very weird indeed. Are you thinking of making a list for Augusta or have…