Jeez. This is a good weekend to be living in Charlotte, because there's just so much going on in the nightlife scene! Here are my picks for what to do this weekend.
Friday, Oct. 1
• The Mint Museum's Uptown location grand opening (complete with Pecha Kucha, live music and a dance party!)
• The Breakfast Club is proudly hosting their first ever Twister Tournament.
• Soul singer Ledisi and guitar-slinging soul vocalist Anthony David perform at McGlohon Theatre
• The annual celebration of hip-hop flavored music, visual art and performing art Art, Beats + Lyrics, this year held at The Westin.
• Launch of Latin Fridays at Sunset Club (open bar from 10 p.m.-midnight)
Saturday, Oct. 2
• The 4th Annual Pink Party at Mez, benefiting the American Cancer Society. (Dress code: Pink)
• A hobo traveling cabaret? Hmm. The Yard Dogs Road Show will perform at Neighborhood Theatre.
• Dharma Lounge celebrates its birthday with Mark Farina
• BRIEF! 2010 A Fete for Fashion benefiting Cystic Fibrosis at Extravaganza Depot (also known as a hot men's underwear fashion show!)