SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE) — August 7, 2019 -- (NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon today announced Treasure Truck has reached millions of subscribers across 25 U.S. cities and is expanding this delightful shopping experience yet again to Charlotte, Cincinnati, Columbus and Las Vegas. With the addition of vans and kiosks, customers in those cities and across all locales now have more than double the amount of pickup locations per offer to choose from—making it easier than ever to find a convenient stop. Treasure hunters can sign up to be among the first to find out what’s on #TreasureTruck by texting “truck” to 24193.
“We’ve been so excited by the customer reaction to Treasure Truck the last couple of years, from all across the country. Our customers love the surprise of what new hand-picked, must-have item is on Treasure Truck each day, and being able to pick it up from convenient locations where they live, work, and play,” said Margot Johnson, Director of Treasure Truck at Amazon. “Now, we’re thrilled to continue expanding this one-of-a-kind shopping experience with more cities, offers, events, pickup locations, and vehicles — to deliver even more delight.”
Delighting Customers Everywhere
From Seattle to New York City, Treasure Truck runs on happiness. For more than two years, the delight squad has brought surprises and fun to customers nationally:
· Since its initial expansion in July of 2017, Treasure Truck has acquired millions of text message subscribers.
· 75% of Treasure Truck subscribers check out a new offer within 15 minutes of receiving the day’s offer text.
· Amazon’s Treasure Truck ‘family’ has grown by 5x—and now, the fleet of more than 100 includes trucks, vans and kiosks.
· Treasure Truck offers customers more inventory than ever before, tripling its product volume over the past two years.
· Treasure Truck has more than doubled the number of pickup locations per offer, making it even easier to get the goods.
· Today, Treasure Truck is on the road an average of five days per week with both new treasures and events.
· Free experiential events across the nation have increased by 7x since 2017—from carnivals for dogs, to outdoor movie nights, to product sampling days and more.
· The most frequent customer's shop Treasure Truck offers more than once per week.
· Treasure Truck top-selling cities are Seattle, Los Angeles and Phoenix.
· Our most frequent customers, who often shop TT more than once per week, reside in Chicago, San Antonio and Sacramento.
· Valentine’s Day bouquets and chocolate, Sony TVs and smart notebooks were the fastest-selling offers—customers snagged the items in minutes!
How It Works
Treasure Truck is an unexpected way to shop with Amazon. Treasure Truck features one hand-picked item per day, several times per week – and each offer-day will be unique. Customers can sign-up for text message alerts revealing the day’s treasure. Each offer is always a surprise and customers will have to act fast, as there are limited quantities available. After customers place their order on Amazon, they then select a convenient pickup location and timeslot to get their item. In addition to the iconic trucks, customers can pick up their treasure at newly-launched vans, as well as kiosks located in select Amazon Books, Amazon Go, Whole Foods Market stores and more.
Customers can expect offers on exclusive items, trending tech and the latest gear, seasonally relevant must-haves, amazing deals on limited-quantity items from hundreds of top brands and more. Customers are greeted by the Treasure Truck delight squad for easy product pickup and a dose of fun. Learn more about Treasure Truck at www.amazon.com/treasuretruck
and follow @treasuretruck on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about
and follow @AmazonNews.